Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight - Rujuta Diwekar

Rating – 5/5

One line for the book: Another must-read; I am lucky to have read this book.

About the book: Ruzuta rightly says that dieting is the most misunderstood word in English. All of us have our own versions of dieting. There is an overflow of knowledge on what to eat, what not to eat, when and how much to eat, blah blah blah. Some of them are facts, some are myths, and most of them are a combination of both. Ruzuta breaks all the myths and creates awareness on eating right.

What I love about the book: The book doesn’t simply impart knowledge, it creates awareness. Rather than telling us what to do and what not to do, the book explains why we should do so. The writing is so compelling that you would immediately jump into action.

What I did not like about the book: If you insist that I have to write something here, well, I would say – the occasional use of Hindi words.

What I learned from the book: I found answers to most of the doubts that I had all my life. Here are a few:
  • What exactly is dieting?
  • Why should we not take tea or coffee on empty stomach?
  • People lose fat by eating every two hours. Interesting, but how?
  • Why and how should we work out?
  • Why should we not eat anything before going to bed?


Read the book to find answers to all these questions.

2 comments:

  1. u r not 'lucky' to have read the book. U r lucky to have a friend like me who recommended the book to u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rightly said, Shobha. Thank you so much for recommending (and providing) the book.

    ReplyDelete