Tuesday, February 18, 2014

5 Things That I Would Do To Entertain Myself When I Am Alone For 7 Days

Writing prompt: What would you do to entertain yourself when you did not see a soul for 7 days

Actually that's my dream. The sad part is that it might not happen in the near future. Anyways, here's my list:
  1. Sit in a cozy corner with a book. When I read a book, I am cut off from this world. I can read, read, and read until my eyelids become heavy and I doze off without realizing it.
  2. Cook my favorite recipe. I love baking cakes and making chocolates. I know I am gonna put on a few kilos. That's why the next idea:
  3. Go on a shopping spree. I can never get bored of shopping.
  4. Clean the house. Cleaning, washing, dusting, etc can be tedious, but once I start doing them, there's no stopping me now that I assume my sweet little monsters are away. And the results are always rewarding. It's just that I need a push to begin the work.
  5. Clear the house of useless things. If you see a house that's occupied by old people, half the things are useless and not used for years together. Yet, the old lot store each and everything as if they are very precious. Examples are an empty vaseline bottle, news paper articles that they have never read again (for God's sake, there's something called Google), a handful of discharged batteries, broken furniture that's not fit to use, old wedding cards, old clothes... you name it. Given a chance, I would throw away most of these. 
PS: Keeping wedding cards in the memory of somebody's wedding is fine. But, should we stack up all the wedding cards that we have received in a lifetime?

No comments:

Post a Comment