Friday, February 21, 2014

Words That Influenced Me

Friends, today is the last day of the blogathon. I am excited that I have finally made it. Your appreciation and encouragement plays a major role. Since this post marks an achievement, I am going to write about the most remarkable woman I have met: my Mom.

Out of all the experiences I have had with Mom, there’s one that still rings in my ears.

I was in my 7th grade. I came back home after finishing an exam. I told Mom that one of my classmates helped me with the answer to a question. That was the first time I sought that kind of “help”.

I could see that Mom was not pleased. She thought for a second, and said, “I would accept even if you score zero, but I wouldn’t appreciate if you cheat.” That was the last time I cheated in an exam.

The beauty of my Mom’s speech is that she always keeps it short. Her message is always crisp and clear. That’s why her words are so powerful. She gives me and my sisters all the freedom that a Mom can give. Love you, Mom.




1 comment: