All of us know that having a healthy and nutritious breakfast is essential to our body. But, in today’s world everybody is hard pressed for time. Most of us do not have time to eat breakfast, let alone preparing it ourselves. So, presenting to you a few healthy recipes for breakfast, along with the preparation time in descending order:
- Idli + Chutney – 20min
- Dosa + chutney – 20min
- Plain parantha + a bowl of nuts – 15min
- Palak/Pudina paratha – 15min
- Poha – prep time: 15min
- Egg noodles – 15min
- Veg sandwich/burger – 10min
- Pongal - 10min
- Pudina rice – 10min
- Raagi malt + a bowl of corn flakes – 10min
- A bowl of oats + 1 banana – 3min
- A bowl of muesli + 1 apple – 1min
Note: The preparation time specified above is for two people. Choose an item depending on the time you have.
A few tips:
- Never drink coffee or tea on an empty stomach. Not even herbal tea
- Eat or drink something healthy within 15min of waking up.
- Prefer a whole fruit to its juice.
- Have your breakfast within 2 hours of waking up.
Courtesy for the tips: The book - Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight, by Ruzuta Diwekar
Friends, if you have more ideas, please share in the comments section. My sister, Sowmya, has one to add. @Sowmya: Waiting for your inputs.